The holidays are here! I am so excited and all of the festivities have already begun; weddings, parties, and gifts oh my! I love this time of year so much so I decided to share 12 of my favorite things about the holidays with you!
1. The food - We spend the entire year getting skinny for the months of November, December, and January. Why? Because this is the only time carbs, sugar, and processed food are encouraged. We are inspired to forget the diets because those heavy cable knit sweaters will hide all of our cellulite anyway (thank goodness).
2. The lights - That whole “ ooooh shinny!” thing is real. I love driving through neighborhoods and going to Zoo Lights every year. It’s all so magical!
3. The decorations - Christmas is the only time tchotchke memorabilia is acceptable and adored.
4. The clothes - I mean could it get any more glamorous?! I love that I can embrace my full potential during these months where sequins and glitter are acceptable every single day, I can’t get enough!
5. The energy - It’s as if the whole world wakes up and is buzzing around trying to spread the cheer.
6. The people - I love that I get to spend my time with the people I cherish most in this world as well as making new friends!
7. The memories - My family loves to reminisce about past experiences but we enjoy making new memories too! My best friends are particularly good at this quest.
8. The stories - I love listening to other people’s life experiences that changed them for the better and created a whole new way of life for them. It’s incredible listen to what others have gone through and it helps put your own life into perspective. By the way, if you don’t follow Humans of New York on Instagram…you should….right now.
9. The movies - Every Christmas at least three big anticipated block busters are released! This year it is The Hobbit and Into The Woods and you can count on me for both midnight releases!!
10. The love - Even though I am single, I still receive a lot of love this time of year. Not only is my birthday on Christmas (no, it does not suck, it’s AMAZING!), but love is expressed through the gifts that were thoughtfully picked out and the memories shared are what I love most!
11. The cuddles - Whether the cuddles are shared with a significant other or with your best friends and family, the cuddles are what make my heart warm while watching a movie or listening to conversation!
12. The weather - I live in Arizona which is guaranteed perfect weather this time of year. Although I wish it were a tad chillier (and by that I mean colder than a high of 75), I am perfectly content with just visiting the snow up north!
So there you have it! I hope you all enjoy your week and take the time to think about what makes this time of year so special for you!